- THE CHICAGOLAND AUTISM CONNECTION INVITES YOU TO OUR ANNUAL PICNIC AND WATERPARK PARTY SATURDAY, July 26, 2014
Next CAC Monthly Meeting:
Saturday, June 21, 2014 - , 10:00 am - 12:30 p.m.
Easter Seals School and Center for Autism Research
1939 West 13th Street, Chicago
This month's meeting will concentrate on individual and family activities
this summer, including CAC's annual picnic and waterpark party. Our guest speaker
is Tamika Jones, special recreation coordinator for the Chicago Park District.
- • Free parking lot; enter on Hastings Street, one block south of 13th Street.
• Use the parking lot entrance to the building; the other entrances are locked• Registration for this meeting is not required but is recommended; send your notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
- • CPDU's are available for Illinois educators who pre-register; include
a note in your registration email
- • Children 17 and under are not allowed in the general meeting but are welcome in respite. Persons 18 and over w/ASD who find the meeting overstimulating are also welcome in respite (See details below).
- • CPDU's are available for Illinois educators who pre-register; include a note in your registration email
Free respite care for children with autism is provided by professionally trained staff. However, ADVANCE RESERVATIONS are required. Send your request to email@example.com by Friday, June 20. Include your name and the name and age of your loved one with autism. We limit respite care size to 20 to ensure safety and personalized care.
10:00 - 10:30am Refreshments; Networking10:30 - 11:00am "Chicago Park District Special Recreation Programs", Tamika Jones, Coordinator
- 11:00 - 12noon "Tales from the Homefront: Summer Activities", CAC Families
- 12:00 - 12:30pm CAC Events,
Autism Community News, Questions and Comments
Saturday, June 07, 2-14 Benefit Golf Outing
Saturday, April 5 - 15th - Annual "Spring Fling for Autism Awareness" Resource Fair
Nov. 2nd, 2013 ~ 9th Annual Night of Stars Family & Friends Dinner Dance
6:00-11:00 p.m. - Hilton Oak Lawn 94th and Cicero, Oak Lawn
Thanks to the following companies for their generous donations to the "Night of the Stars" Dinner Dance:
All Blown Up Balloon Creations • Aveda Institute • Better Images Barber Salon • Chicago Bears, • Chicago Bulls • Chicago Cubs • Chicago White Sox • Chiropractic Care • Coopers Hawk Winery, Orland Park • Costco Wholesale • Goodman Theater • Dr. Temple Grandin • Hilton Oak Lawn and Whitney’s Café • Lou Malnati’s, Chicago • Paula Kluth • Marcus Theaters Corp. • Method Home Products • NBC 5 Chicago • Panera Bread – South Holland • Park Cleaners • Performance Mailers Inc. • Seaway National Bank • Sidley Austin LLP • Southwest Airlines • Trader Joe’s Chicago Loop • Urban Oasi
Congratulations to Wanda Bethel Satkas on her selection as the "State of Illinois Interagency Committee on Employees with Disabilities' 2013 Advocate of the Year". Wanda, co-founder of CAC and for many years the CEO, was recognized at a ceremony in Springfield this past May. Additionally, Wanda is among a group who will be honored by Creativity United at the "We Dream in Color" event on Sunday, July 21st at the DuSable Museum. This program celebrates individuals who have learned to embrace their color to enhance the lives of others. There will be food and a roster of tremendous entertainers. Tickets are $100 (VIP Meet & Greet), $50 (General Admission), and $35 (Show Only). For tickets and additional information call (773) 621-3372 or visitwww.weliveandremember.com. The VIP Meet & Greet is at 5:00 p.m., the Reception is at 5:15 p.m., and the Show begins at 6:30 p.m. Let's show up and thank Wanda for her many years of hard work on behalf of the autism community!!
click the image for information including the ticket form >>>
8th Annual "Night of Stars" Dinner Dance
Saturday, November 10, 2012
6:00-11:00 p.m. - Hilton Oak Lawn
94th and Cicero, Oak Lawn
14th Annual "Spring Fling for Autism Awareness" Resource Fair ~ April 6th
Saturday, April 6 ~ 7:45 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences
3857 West 111th Street, Chicago
CHICAGOLAND AUTISM CONNECTION (CAC) & THE “A” TEAM HOST A FAMILY OUTING TO SHEDD AQUARIUM Sunday, June 9, 2013 @ 2:00 PM entry/Oceanarium, 3:30PM aquarium, and 4:00PM special exhibition. (Bus pick-up at 1:00 PM sharp)