Next CAC Monthly Meeting:
Saturday, June 20, 2015 - , 10:00 am - 1:15 p.m.
Easter Seals School and Center for Autism Research
1939 West 13th Street, Chicago
This month's meeting will include a two-hour workshop on "Sexuality and Autism" conducted by Linda Sandman of the Institute on Disability and Human Development at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Preceding this workshop, there will be a special presentation by the TSA Cares Team of the Transportation Security Administration on their "Passenger Support Program" at airports. I can tell you from experience that this program takes a great deal of stress away from families traveling with a person w/special needs.
The TSA Cares Team will speak from 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. followed by Ms. Sandman from 11:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m. As usual, networking and refreshments take place from 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
The Learning Objectives of the "Sexuality and Autism" workshop are
1. Participants will gain an understanding of the broad definition of sexuality and the many ways this topic applies to their child/young adult with ASD.
2. Participants will learn about opportunities and obstacles parents face in addressing the topic with their child/young adult with ASD.
3. Participants will be able to apply a planful problem-solving strategy to common case scenarios involving sexuality and individuals with ASD.
4. Participants will learn about resources they can use to address their concerns about the topic of sexuality
• Free parking lot; enter on Hastings Street, one block south of 13th Street.
• Use the parking lot entrance to the building; the other entrances are locked• Registration for this meeting is not required but is recommended; send your notice to email@example.com
- • Illinois educators can earn 2.5 CPDU's from this meeting but must request so at firstname.lastname@example.org
- • Children 17 and under are not allowed in the general meeting but are welcome in respite. Persons 18 and over w/ASD who find the meeting over stimulating are also welcome in respite (See details below).
Free respite care for children with autism is provided by professionally trained staff. However, ADVANCE RESERVATIONS are required. Send your request to email@example.com by Thursday, June 18th. Include your name and the name and age of your loved one with autism. We limit respite care size to 20 to ensure safety and personalized care.
Saturday, June 20th CAC Monthly Meeting at Easter Seals School, 1939 West 13th St. in Chicago
Sunday, June 21st “A Team” and “Junior A Team” Bowling
< click the image to download the form.
For your convenience, pay or donate online below...
Saturday, June 07, 2-14 Benefit Golf Outing
Saturday, April 5 - 15th - Annual "Spring Fling for Autism Awareness" Resource Fair
Nov. 2nd, 2013 ~ 9th Annual Night of Stars Family & Friends Dinner Dance
6:00-11:00 p.m. - Hilton Oak Lawn 94th and Cicero, Oak Lawn
Thanks to the following companies for their generous donations to the "Night of the Stars" Dinner Dance:
All Blown Up Balloon Creations • Aveda Institute • Better Images Barber Salon • Chicago Bears, • Chicago Bulls • Chicago Cubs • Chicago White Sox • Chiropractic Care • Coopers Hawk Winery, Orland Park • Costco Wholesale • Goodman Theater • Dr. Temple Grandin • Hilton Oak Lawn and Whitney’s Café • Lou Malnati’s, Chicago • Paula Kluth • Marcus Theaters Corp. • Method Home Products • NBC 5 Chicago • Panera Bread – South Holland • Park Cleaners • Performance Mailers Inc. • Seaway National Bank • Sidley Austin LLP • Southwest Airlines • Trader Joe’s Chicago Loop • Urban Oasi
Congratulations to Wanda Bethel Satkas on her selection as the "State of Illinois Interagency Committee on Employees with Disabilities' 2013 Advocate of the Year". Wanda, co-founder of CAC and for many years the CEO, was recognized at a ceremony in Springfield this past May. Additionally, Wanda is among a group who will be honored by Creativity United at the "We Dream in Color" event on Sunday, July 21st at the DuSable Museum. This program celebrates individuals who have learned to embrace their color to enhance the lives of others. There will be food and a roster of tremendous entertainers. Tickets are $100 (VIP Meet & Greet), $50 (General Admission), and $35 (Show Only). For tickets and additional information call (773) 621-3372 or visitwww.weliveandremember.com. The VIP Meet & Greet is at 5:00 p.m., the Reception is at 5:15 p.m., and the Show begins at 6:30 p.m. Let's show up and thank Wanda for her many years of hard work on behalf of the autism community!!
click the image for information including the ticket form >>>
8th Annual "Night of Stars" Dinner Dance
Saturday, November 10, 2012
6:00-11:00 p.m. - Hilton Oak Lawn
94th and Cicero, Oak Lawn
14th Annual "Spring Fling for Autism Awareness" Resource Fair ~ April 6th
Saturday, April 6 ~ 7:45 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences
3857 West 111th Street, Chicago
CHICAGOLAND AUTISM CONNECTION (CAC) & THE “A” TEAM HOST A FAMILY OUTING TO SHEDD AQUARIUM Sunday, June 9, 2013 @ 2:00 PM entry/Oceanarium, 3:30PM aquarium, and 4:00PM special exhibition. (Bus pick-up at 1:00 PM sharp)